- 97% of the Latino population tunes into radio each week.
- Since 2011, the weekly national Hispanic radio audience has grown 11% (from 36.5 million to 40.4 million).
- In the next five years, Hispanics are projected to account for 53% of the U.S. population growth.
- Differences in birthplace, country of origin, generation, and language preference play a role in how Hispanics consume all media.
- Three out of four Hispanics who were born in the U.S. are between the ages of 2 and 34.
- Radio reaches almost 15 million Hispanic Millennials.
- Younger listeners are bicultural. They spend more time with Pop CHR and Hot AC than with Mexican Regional. However, regardless of age and country of origin, 85% agree that their culture is important.
- Radio is local in reach and to best reach different segments of Hispanic radio listeners, itís crucial to understand their background.
The Power & Value of Radio - Hispanic supplement