The Board of Directors of Southern California Broadcasters Association has begun a search for a new President to lead the Association. Qualified candidates are encouraged to submit their resumé to the address listed below.
Job Title: President/Southern California Broadcasters Association
Closing Date: Currently open ended
Job Type: Full Time
City: Los Angeles
Job Details: SCBA is looking for an experienced leader who will manage the daily activities of the Association under policies set by the Board of Directors to grow the radio revenue in the market and create an image for Los Angeles radio that will generate radio revenue in the future. Strong contacts with advertisers and in the LA radio advertising community a plus.
Experience: Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Setting and meeting annual and ongoing goals, budgets, standards and parameters of services, managing staff and supervising all SCBA activities.
· Recruiting, managing and maintaining relations with members, Boards and Councils
· Responsible for all aspects of marketing Southern California radio (includes establishing contacts with agencies, clients, press, and managing SCBA’s press and market profile.
· Evaluating and procuring all marketing research resources and affiliations.
· Creating and keeping updated a market presentation, monthly market update, radio sales articles, and research pieces for use by sales people, agencies and clients.
· Delivering presentations to agencies, advertisers and radio station personnel and providing support as needed to agencies and sales people.
· Maintaining ongoing relationships by providing free consultancy on radio advertising to agencies/clients wherever possible.
· Procuring new sources of funding for the organization and overseeing clearance, billing, and collection of current income sources.
· Working with Miller, Kaplan, Arase & Co. in editing all editions of L.A. Radio X-Ray prior to publication.
· Will act as the public face of Southern California radio by speaking at various ad clubs, marketing executive clubs and other organizations throughout Southern California.
Requirements: Ideal candidate will have 10+ years management experience in radio sales or related field, have in-depth knowledge of the Los Angeles radio market, and have in-depth ability to multi-task and proven track record of accomplishing goals
Contact Details: Qualified candidates should send resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. All inquiries will be kept confidential. SCBA is an Equal Opportunity Employer.